People: Become A Member
Center for Cancer Research Membership
The Purdue University Center for Cancer Research welcomes researchers to become members of the Center. Becoming a member allows you to receive e-news and announcements of Center funding opportunities and attend Center sponsored retreats and symposia and member discounts to supported shared-resource facilities. We foster a scientific community of collaboration and a membership facilitates this culture.
Membership will be considered by the Director and the Executive Committee of the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research. If approved, membership will be granted for a period of three years. Each member will be reviewed by the Executive Committee every three years contingent upon the recommendation of her/his Program Leader; members will be asked to provide an updated curriculum vitae and a statement of her/his past contributions to the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research. Please see the link to the Member Guidelines (below) for supporting information and the privileges of membership. For information about our Research Programs, click here.
Full members* will meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Principal or co-investigator (% effort) on peer reviewed, cancer-related grants from external agencies
- Collaborative within the Center and contributes scientific value to current cancer-related projects
- Investigators performing cancer-relevant research and active in the process of seeking cancer-related funding from external agencies
- Investigators with a history of cancer-related publications within the last two years
- Value-added collaborative complement to cancer-related research such as, but not limited to: pathology, radiology, comparative oncology, cheminformatics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, and behavioral/psychosocial.
Associate Members* will meet one of the following criteria:
- Potential for collaborative, cancer-related research
- Potential for developing cancer-related research activity and can apply their research to generate cancer-related publications and grant submissions.
- Current faculty or retired/senior faculty (i.e. Emeritus) who contribute to the overall mission of the Center and are active participants in PCCR activities. These faculty retain interest and participation in PCCR activities.
External Affiliate Members*
Engaged in cancer-related research as documented by a strong record of peer-reviewed publications of direct relevance to cancer in direct collaboration with a full member. This membership will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will include those at other NCI-designated cancer centers. If the evidence of strong collaboration dissipates, then the membership of the candidate will be evaluated.
*All membership categories require academic appointments (Research (must demonstrate independent research), Clinical, or Tenure Track) at Purdue University or from a member at an NCI-designated Cancer Center.
Questions about Center membership should be directed to Managing Director Doug Cuttell